I’m so obsessed with hummus and making your own at home is actually really quick and easy to do! I also don’t think I ever realised just how many different flavour combinations and possibilities that there are! One of my die hard favourites would definitely have to be roasted red pepper hummus. It has a delicious hint of sweet flavour from the peppers and just takes hummus to a whole other level in my opinion. This is slightly different to my classic hummus recipes, as it’s more of a pouring consistency, so is perfect to use as a dressing or pasta sauce, like this one!
Hummus and pasta might not be a common combination, but I think it definitely needs to become more of a thing. I mean, hummus is great.. pasta is great, so what could really go wrong here?! It works really well on both hot and cold pasta dishes and would be a great dish to take with you on the go to college or work. You could also add in some extra veggies here as well as the spinach; asparagus and broccoli would also work really well.
This dish is also completely plant based and I feel like dishes like these are great meals to make for people that aren’t necessarily used to eating vegan meals, because it’s not something that’s super green and piled high with salad leaves. I feel like a lot of pasta dishes are commonly veggie or vegan without us even realising and still feel like a satisfying and substantial dish without having any meat additions. I feel like that’s one of the most important parts of cooking for people who are new to plant based foods. It’s a common misconception that vegan food won’t leave you feeling full or satisfied and will be bland and boring. This definitely doesn’t need to be the case and you can pretty much create plant based alternatives to most classic dishes now!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Pasta
- 1 can chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Fragata Roasted Red Peppers
- 4 Fragata garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped Tbsp light tahini
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Pinch chilli flakes- optional
- 2 servings of your favourite pasta
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- Handful Fragata Pequillo Pepper stuffed Olives
- To make the hummus, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until super smooth and creamy. You can add in extra water or olive oil if needed.
- Pour this into an airtight jar/container to store.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and gently wilt the spinach. Slice the olives in half and add these into the pan. Mix this through the pasta and add In as much or as little of the hummus as you like and gently stir everything together. You can add in extra veggies here if you'd like as well.
- Serve garnished with some extra black pepper and enjoy!