This Pistachio & Banana Loaf is an absolute staple for your Spring-Summer baking lists! It’s super simple to make, sweet, nutty and great for sharing with friends! A loaf cake is my go-to for when I’m in the market for something simple and fuss free to bake! There’s just no hassle involved in the process. It’s a one bowl method, followed by very roughly pouring into a tin and that’s pretty much it! They’re also easy to assemble and slice into portions for sharing!
Why you need to make this pistachio & banana loaf
- It’s easy to make and doesn’t requite any fancy equipment
- It’s completely plant based
- Great way to use up any over ripe bananas
- Perfect for spring/summer
- Ideal for sharing and a great recipe to take into work/social events
What you will need to make this recipe?
- Bananas: The more ripe they are, the better for this
- Caster sugar: this recipe calls for unrefined, golden caster sugar
- Olive oil: to make this recipe dairy free, I’ve swapped butter for olive oil. This also creates a super light and fluffy consistency.
- Non dairy milk: In almost all my vegan bakes, I make a vegan buttermilk alternative by combining soy milk with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. This really works, trust me!
- Pistachio nuts: This was probably an obvious one! I like to buy these already shelled because it saves time and I can also make sure they’re going to be super green and vibrant.
- Self raising flour: you can sub this for a GF self raising flour if desired. Using self raising flour will ensure that you get a beautifully risen cake.
Vegan Pistachio Banana Bread
- 1 ripe banana- mashed
- 1 cup unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- Preheat your oven to 180c and grease and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your caster sugar and olive oil, creaming these together until pale and fluffy looking.
- Whisk in your non dairy milk, cider vinegar and mashed banana.
- Sift your dry ingredients, then fold these together with the wet mixture until fully combined.
- Pop the pistachios into a food processor or high speeder blender and blitz to form a fine crumb. Stir these into the cake batter.
- Transfer the mixture into the loaf tin and pop this into the oven for 45-50 minutes until cooked through. Allow your loaf to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer wire wrack.
- Once your cake has completely cooled, garnish with a frosting or toppings of your choice.