I’ve been completely obsessed with cashew butter ever since I first tried it about 5 years ago now! It’s definitely my favourite of all the nut butters, just because it’s so smooth, creamy and tastes so deliciously indulgent. It’s great on toast, porridge, with fruit, in savoury recipes and just straight outta’ the jar with a spoon.. just your finger. I think it’s safe to say that I’m absolutely obsessed with the stuff and my cupboard is certainly always fully stocked. It’s also one of my favourite things to make at home with my food processor and It honestly couldn’t be much easier! What’s more, you can really get creative and experiment with different flavour combinations and ingredients.
This is probably one of the most innovative variations that I’ve tried and I was pretty chuffed with the outcome. I mean, first of all.. it’s pink, which is pretty cool. Secondly, it tastes of strawberries! In my opinion, coconut is the perfect addition to cashew butter, as the subtle, sweet flavours from the coconut compliment the cashew butter so well. I’ve used a combination of desiccated coconut and also some Vita Coco Coconut oil to help everything blend and add in even more incredible coconutty flavour.
Like i’ve said before, there are countless different ways to enjoy your nut butter, but here I’ve gone for a classic with a generous slather on a fresh slice of toasted sourdough bread and then fresh fruit to top. So simple and so tasty!
Strawberry, Coconut & Cashew Butter
- 2 cups cashew nuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Large handful freeze dried strawberries
- Combine all of the ingredients, apart from eh strawberries into a food processor and blend until smooth nd creamy.
- This will take a little while and you may have to stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times to help everything properly blend.
- Once you're left with a beautifully smooth and velvety nut butter, pour in the strawberries and blend again until these are completely incorporated.
- Pour your nut butter into an airtight jar to store.