It’s been a little while since I’ve last uploaded a recipe now that I think about it. This time of year is always the busiest for me recipe wise and everything has just been so hectic lately! I hate letting things slide and not being as on top of blog posts as I usually am, so I’m not going to make a conscious effort to better organise my time and get into a steady routine! So you can expect a whole host of festive recipes coming your way over the next month!
It’s definitely a baking time of year for me right now and I’m already so excited for the run up to Christmas and all of the festive recipes that are coming up! Granola has always been one of my favourite things to bake at home because it’s so quick and simple and also a great way to use up leftover store cupboard ingredients. This granola is filled with festive spices that will leave your kitchen smelling so amazing and in my opinion, there’s no better smell to have fill your house.
I’ve also added in something a little different here, which is this Arctic Berries Sea Buckthorn powder. If you follow me on here or other social platforms, then you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of their berry powders and use them in just about anything! Sea buckthorn isn’t something that I’ve frequently used before, but its great for adding into porridges, cereals and also smoothies. It’s a great source of antioxidants, vitamins and healthy fats.
Spiced Sea Buckthorn Granola
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 cups jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Handful raisins/sultanas
- Tbsp Arctic Berries Sea Buckthorn Powder
- Tsp ground cinnamon
- Tsp ground Ginger
- Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients, apart from the spices & raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Gently heat the olive oil and honey together and add in the spices.
- Pour this over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the granola over a baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes, turning half way to prevent burning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Stir through the raisins and store in an airtight jar or container.