It’s the week of the Royal Wedding, so I thought it would be old fitting to share a little dessert recipe with you all, that would be just perfect for the occasion. These dairy little tarts are sweet, fruity, creamy and have just the right balance of fresh fruitiness to compliment the rich chocolate. I love how the thin, crisp chocolate shell crunches upon that first bite, to reveal such a dreamy cheesecake-esqu filling beneath. I’m also pretty impressed with how I just managed to write such an extravagant description about a item of food at this hour in the morning and before my morning coffee!
I’ve been feeling in such a rut with my content recently and I don’t really know why. Well, I suppose it’s probably because I’ve been having a pretty hard time this year health wise and am likely to be very tired and run down because of this. But.. for me it just feels like my creative juices have been running a bit dry and I’ve just lost my sparkle a little. I know that this is something that effects lots of people working in the creative industry and it can be extremely stressful and unnerving. Over the past year of blogging and working full time in this industry, I’ve learned that this is nothing to worry about and you’re definitely not alone in experiencing it. It’s completely normal to have stages where you feel more inspired and creative than others and what I find to really help me is to simply take a step back and recharge those creative batteries. Taking a little time away and gathering some fresh inspiration usually results in me returning bursting with innovative ideas and raring to go again! I’m also in the process of moving house at the moment (well I will be in about a month) so my brain is jumbled full of furniture purchases and how I’m going to decorate my new home. It’s literally chaos in my mind right now! Haha.
What I think that I love most about these tarts, is that vibrant purple colour peaking out from the inside. The sour kick from the blackcurrant and lime combination give these a really refreshing and summery kick. I love fruity desserts at any time of year.. and I love chocolate. So both of them combined is just the dream!
Raw Blackcurrant & Lime Tarts With Chocolate Shell
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dates
- Tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 tbsp agave/honey
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Dash vanilla
- 6 tsp Arctic Berries blackcurrant powder
- Tbsp coconut oil
- Zest and juice from one lime
- 80 g dark/raw chocolate
- In a food processor, combine the oats and almonds and blend these on their own for a few seconds.
- Add in the dates and coconut oil and blend again until well combined. Divide the mixture between silicone cupcake cases and pop these into the freezer.
- For the creamy filling, blend together the cashews, sweetener of choice, coconut milk, blackcurrant powder, coconut oil and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Zest and juice the lime and blend again.
- Spoon some of the filling into each of the tart cases, then place these into the freezer for around 3 hours.
- Once the tarts are set, melt down the chocolate and drizzle this over the top of each of them. Return these to the freezer until the chocolate is completely set.