What’s the best flavour combination like, ever? Well, peanut butter and jelly (jam) .. duh! This is an American classic flavour pairing that’s delicious on toast, porridge, desserts, ice cream, cakes, smoothies and more! You name it, someone somewhere has created a Pb&J version that will appear on your Pinterest feed!
These PB&J cups take inspiration from the classic peanut butter cup however, they’re kinda’ in reverse as the peanut butter is on the outside and then the jam takes it’s place as the filling in the middle. As you bite into that smooth, creamy outer layer, an oozing burst of sweet, fruity jam leaves you with the dreamiest flavour explosion!
I would also like to mention just how quick and easy these are to make too! AND you won’t need an excessively long shopping list for ingredients either, which is always a bonus! If you’re a big foody like myself, then you’ll probably already have everything you need in the kitchen cupboards! You could also experiment with using other nut butters like cashew or almond.. and different jam flavours too! I almost always opt for raspberry, as that’s my all time favourite and a pretty fail safe option in my opinion!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cups
- 5 tbsp Smooth Pic’s Peanut butter
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 heaped tbsp brown rice syrup or honey
- Raspberry Jam
- Gently melted the coconut oil and peanut butter together, then stir through the sweetener of choice.
- Pour a little of the mixture into the base of each of the cups and place these into the freezer for about 15 minutes to allow to set.
- Once these have hardened, add a tsp of the jam into the centre of each and cover with the remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Return these to the freezer for 45 minutes minimum, or until completely set.