If you make one thing next week, it should definitely be these peanut butter caramel magnums! They’re dairy free, gluten free and can also be adapted for a completely plant based version as well! Starting off with a delicate creamy cashew ice cream, an indulgent layer of sweet peanut butter caramel with crunchy peanut chunks and finally, encasing all of this deliciousness in a crisp layer of peanut studded chocolate. I mean, how good does that sound?!
Cashew Ice Cream
This is a really quick and easy method for creating your own plant based ice creams at home. The cashews create an ultra smooth and velvety texture, as well as having a really mild taste that won’t overpower any flavours you add to it. You can also adjust the sweetness to taste here; I recommend 2 tbsp of your sweetener, but if you have a bit more of a sweet tooth, feel free to add a little extra!
As the ice cream is fairly plain, there’s plenty of room for vibrant and exciting layers to surround it! This sweet & salty peanut caramel is honestly one of the most delicious things! It’s the perfect topping for ice creams, cakes, chocolate caramel bars.. or simply to enjoy straight off the spoon! It’s composed of only two ingredients and takes less than a minute to make. Trust me, this will become your new go-to speedy sweet recipe!
Peanut Butter Caramel Magnums
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 100 ml canned coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp agave/honey
- 30 ml non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey/agave
- handful crushed peanuts
- 70 g dairy free chocolate
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
- Blend the cashews, milks and sweetener together in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour this into your ice lolly mould and place these in the freezer for 4 hours+ or until set.
- Mix together the peanut butter and sweetener, then spread this over each of the ice creams, sprinkle over some of the peanuts and pop them onto a parchment lined tray. Return these to the freezer for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together, then stir through the crushed peanuts. Carefully dip each of the magnums into the chocolate, insuring even coverage and allow any excess to drip off.
- Once coated in the chocolate layer, lay them back onto the lined tray and leave in the freezer for an additional 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.