Last weekend was National Tea Day and in honour of such an excellent celebration, I wanted to share this delicious, chocolate lovers dream of a recipe with you! These tarts have a double chocolate thing going on; with a crunchy chocolatey tart case and smooth whipped choccy mousse filling. I’ve teamed up with We Are Tea to bring you this recipe and infused the mousse filling with some of their freshly brewed Moroccan Mint tea; which is just delicious! I’ve really got into brewing loose leaf teas and have been discovering so many new and interesting flavours. We actually have quite a few tea shops around London now, where you can find an array of amazing and really unusual tea flavours and cool tea brewing gadgets to make them! Peppermint and chocolate is such a classic combination and one of my favourite chocolate flavours.. I pretty much love anything mint chocolate! And chocolate orange.. actually, anything with chocolate is a winner really!
These are really easy to make, no bake and such a delicious afternoon treat! They’d also make a great dinner party dish to serve to friends if you’re looking to impress with something slightly more fancy. I bet your guests will never guess half the ingredients in there! Now, I’m not saying that they’re the same as chowing down on a green salad, but there is avocado and banana in there.. and every little helps towards getting those portions of fruits and veggies in.
Speaking of which, I’ve been really focussing on making sure that I’m getting a good variety of vitamins and minerals into my body and really cutting down on processed foods. I’m not demonising packaged foods here, nor am I saying that there was anything wrong with the way that I ate before. However, I’d started to find myself reaching for lots of things like protein bars, low calorie ice creams and A LOT of popcorn and I just wanted to switch some of these things up for more single ingredient foods and fruits and veggies. I’m usually really good at packing my meals full of vegetables and I do honestly love eating them; I used to think that made me weird.. but veggies can actually be so delicious!
Oh.. one more thing that I almost forgot to mention is that this recipe is also nut free! It’s actually pretty rare that my recipes don’t involve some kind of nuts or nut butter somewhere along the way, so I thought that I would make a conscious effort with this one, so it can be enjoyed by more people!
No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Tartlets
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 6 tsp freshly brewed We Are Tea Moroccan Mint
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 ripe banana
- To make the base, add the seeds and oats into a food processor and pulse these to break down slightly.
- Add in the cacao, dates and coconut oil and blend again until well combined.
- Divide these amongst your mini tart cases (using loose bottom tins makes this easier) and press the mixture into the base and sides for the tins. You can use any leftover mixture and roll this into energy bites.
- Pop these into the freezer to chill.
- For the filing, add all of the ingredients into a food processor of high speed blender and blitz until really smooth and creamy.
- Pour this over the bases and smooth over the surface. Leave these to set up in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight. Allow to thaw a little before serving.