This is actually the first proper Halloween themed recipe I’ve uploaded to the blog this year! I’m slacking slightly, I know! I’ve dabbled with a few pumpkin creations (obviously.. how could I resist?!) but usually by now the classic halloween chocolates and cookies have made an appearance!
These are slightly different from my traditional selection of spooky treats; you could actually make them any time of year and leave out the chocolate cobweb decoration. I was slightly sceptical over whether I would be able to pull of such a delicate decoration job.. but I think they turned out okay?
These are really simple to make and you barley need any equipment at all, as I didn’t use a food processor or any blenders. The crust part of the tart is a granola style mixture, thats sweet, chewy, crunchy and just everything that granola should be. In case you didn’t catch on from the countless different granola recipes on the blog, I’m somewhat of a granola addict.. aka might have a serious obsession with the stuff. I could actually just sit in the kitchen and demolish a whole box of granola just by itself. But I am a little bit picky nowadays and I do genuinely prefer the granolas that I make myself at home. It’s so easy and you can choose exactly what you’re putting in and adjust the flavours and sweetness to suit your taste!
The filling also couldn’t really be much easier, as I’ve used coconut yoghurt for the main base ingredient. Coconut yoghurt is my favourite non-dairy yoghurt option, as It’s super creamy and luxurious- I actually prefer it to normal yoghurt any day! I’ve simply stirred through some of my Arctic Berries powder and a little bit of sweetener to create such a delicious berry filling! You could also use this as a normal berry yoghurt or side to serve with dessert. These powders not only taste really yummy, but make for a really great natural food colouring option too!
I’m literally so obsessed with making themed recipes.. so this time of year is obviously just one of my favourite things, as there’s so many celebratory events fast approaching! I just find it so much fun coming up with different ideas and creating different shapes and patterns!
Halloween Granola Berry Tarts
- 1 cup jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 tbsp plain coconut yoghurt
- Heaped tbsp date syrup
- Heaped tbsp Arctic Berries Blueberry Powder
- Tbsp vegan butter
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 50 g vegan 100% dark chocolate
- Tbsp date syrup
- Gently melt the vegan butter and date syrup together, then pour this over the oats, ground almonds and
- add a pinch of salt.
- Mix everything together until well combined, then press this into the base and sides of your tart tins.
- Pop these into the freezer to chill whilst you make the filling.
- For the berry filling, combine the coconut yoghurt, butter and syrup and mix well. Stir through the
- berry powder and add in a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to taste.
- Add a generous dollop of the filling to each of the tarts and place these into the freezer for a couple of
- hours to set.
- Gently melt the chocolate and stir in the date syrup. Transfer this into a piping bag.
- Remove the tarts from the tins and carefully pipe cobweb shapes onto each of them.