Ok guys.. I don’t really think that I need to say an awful lot more about this than: these are legit THE BEST brownies we’ve ever made in the entire duration of Charley’s Health. Like, I’m not even exaggerating here.. they’re SO GOOD. They’re actually pretty much perfect in my opinion and everything that I would wish for in a brownie. I know I sound like I’m blowing my own trumpet quite a lot here, but actually it’s alright because James (my brother and sous chef) made them. James has actually been working with me for about a year now and it’s amazing to have been able to expand the business and also get to work with my brother every day 🙂
These brownies are super gooey, fudgey and chocolate filled bites of deliciousness, with hints of peppermint and melty chunks of chocolate. They also just so happen to be dairy, gluten and refined sugar free as well! We’ve used coconut sugar for these, which is something that we include in a lot of our baked good recipes, as it’s a great substitute that can be used like for like with sugar and has the most delicious, caramelised flavour. It’s one of my favourite natural sweeteners and has become fairly easy to get hold of in larger supermarkets now recently which is rather handy!
Another GREAT thing about these brownies, is that not only do they have a fudgey centre, but the top is super crisp and chewy. If I haven’t sold these to you yet, then I really don’t know what will! My brother actually made some for a charity cake sale and they wen’t down a real treat there as well! Seriously guys, if you’re going to bake one thing this week, I would highly recommend that it be these babies! They’re also really quick and simple to make, as you can just toss everything into a food processor, blend it all up and they’ll be ready out the oven with less than 20 minutes cooking time. Delicious treats that taste like you’ve spend hours working away in the kitchen, which in fact took you about half an hour are what I’m all about!
Gooey Peppermint Brownies (Gluten & Dairy Free)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 150 g coconut sugar
- 130 g gluten free flour
- Tsp baking powder
- Pinch pink salt
- 50 g ground almonds
- 3 tbsp smooth almond/cashew butter
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- Tsp peppermint extract can add extra depending on taste preferences
- Handful chopped dark chocolate/vegan milk chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a brownie tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut oil, sugar and almond butter and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Add in the eggs and peppermint and blend again.
- Now, pour in the dry ingredients and continue to bend the mixture, so that you're left with a smooth batter.
- Stir through the chocolate chunks and pour the batter into the lined tin, smoothing over the surface.
- Pop the brownies into the oven to bake for around 18 minutes. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool slightly before slicing into portions and tucking in.