It wouldn’t be a Christmas season on the blog without a good old festive granola recipe. I mean, you can’t exactly have a Christmassy baking session without cooking up a big old batch of granola. I spent yesterday evening watching my favourite Christmas cooking shows on tv and planning Christmas Eve and Day dinner! Today we’re going to tackle the serious task that is the Christmas food shop. This is always a fairly hectic activity, but now that I’m hosting Christmas here (in London) I envisage myself battling with people for the last bag of Brussel sprouts!
Whenever I’m stuck for ideas and inspiration, granola is always one of my go-tos because it’s super quick and simple to make and the flavour combo possibilities are just endless! This is one of my recent faves because it’s sweet, spiced and leaves your kitchen smelling like a festive grotto! I’ve added in some cornflakes for an extra bit of crunchy texture to mix things up from just regular oats. The peanut butter compliments the cinnamon flavours perfectly and helps to bind all the ingredients together in place of extra coconut oil. A large portion of my baking and dessert recipes include some form of nut butter and it’s without a doubt, a key staple in my kitchen cupboards.. they’re literally overflowing with jars of the stuff!
This would make for a delicious Christmas morning breakfast with some stewed fruit compote and coconut yoghurt. It would also be a really cute homemade gift to give to family and friends! I’m quite new the the whole home-made gifting thing, but it’s definitely something that I’d like to try next year!
Cinnamon Spiced Peanut Butter Granola
- Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp honey/maple syrup
- 3 heaped tbsp Pic’s smooth peanut butter
- Tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg & ground cloves
- 2 cups jumbo oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Large handful raisins
- 3/4 cup gluten free cornflakes
- Preheat your oven to 180c and liner a tray with baking paper.
- In a pan, gently melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and sweetener of choice together. Stir through the
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl (apart from the dried fruit)
- Pour over the wet ingredients and stir everything together so that everything is evenly coated.
- Spread this over your baking sheet and pop into the oven for 15 minutes, tossing half away through to
- prevent burning.
- Once the granola is beautifully golden brown, mix through the dried fruit and allow to cool fully before
- storing in an airtight jar/container.
- Serve with fresh fruit and your favourite non-dairy milk and enjoy!