I’ve been slightly slacking with my Bake Off Recipes recently and I’m most certainly not happy about that! This is actually from the theme two weeks ago, which was Dessert Week! I was a little stuck for this one I must admit because I find it hard to distinguish what falls into the dessert category, which isn’t a cake or something significant to another category. In the end, I decided on this cookie dough/chocolate mousse like creation. I know this isn’t a baked recipe as such, but I thought it would be nice to whip up something that you can easily make at home all in one simple step and be done and dusted within 10 minutes! Less washing up and perfect for when you’re a little short on time!
I’ve seen a lot of chickpea cookie dough recipes over the years, but have only actually made it once myself before. I’m a pretty big fan of using chickpeas in sweet recipes such as: brownies and blondies, as they’re really mild in flavour, so you won’t be left with a dessert with flavours resembling hummus! That would be slightly weird!
This Is a great recipe for when you fancy something sweet and you can customise the flavours to suit your taste buds! You can adjust the intensity of the chocolate or add in more sweetener if you desire. You could also experiment with additional flavours like mint, orange or sea salt. I’m sure those would all be delicious too!
Chocolate Chickpea Cookie Dough
- 1 can chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- 4 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4-5 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Pic's Peanut Butter
- 1 Scoop 20g vegan chocolate protein powder
- In a food processor, combine all of the above ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, gradually adding water as you go until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place into the fridge to chill for a couple of hours before serving.