Todays recipe is hopefully going to solve all of your snacking needs! I’m quite a bit of a snack lover myself and have always been a fan of having lots of smaller meals throughout the day. Of course this really just comes down to personal preference, but for me I think that having multiple smaller meals helps to keep me feeling more energised during the whole day.
Having lots of healthy and convenient snacks at the ready can be such a great way of making sure that you’re making good snacking choices and aren’t tempted to start raiding the cupboards for the nearest chocolate biscuits! I know that I’m far more likely to pick something that’s quick and convenient, especially if I have a hankering for something sweet and delicious! I’m also definitely one to get that classic 3-4pm afternoon slump and nearly always need something to pick me up and give me that extra little boost for the rest of the afternoon.
These bars are super quick and easy to make and are packed with a whole host of simple, nutritious ingredients. For this recipe, I’ve actually partnered with Fyffes Bananas, which was something that I was super happy and excited to get involved with. Bananas are a definite staple in my kitchen and something that I usually eat in some form, every single day. I love to have fresh bananas on hand for snacking, layered on porridge, baking with and making things like pancakes and waffles for breakfasts. I also nearly always keep a stash of frozen bananas in my freezer at all times, as these are great for making smoothies and smoothie bowls, as they create the most incredible thick and creamy texture; just like healthy ice cream! I find bananas great for a quick energy boost and they’re so handy to use in healthy baking recipes, as not only do they provide natural sweetness, but also help to add moisture to the recipes so can be subbed for oils and liquid sweeteners.. oh and even eggs in vegan baking!
Just before we get onto the recipe, I wanted to touch a little bit on Fyffes bananas as a company and give you an insight into what I love about the company and why I’m very proud to be collaborating with them on this. They’ve been operating now for 130 years and I’ve collaborated with the brand to celebrate this anniversary! For me, of course the taste and quality of food is extremely important because obviously I like my food to taste delicious and be something that I know my Boyd is going to love as well. I also think that it’s really I,portant to consider where your food is coming from when possible and Fyffes provide organic bananas and have been working with selected farmers for over 20 years to do so. Their bananas are also fair trade and doing our bit to look after the environment is something that’s really important to the company; which I love!
Chocolate Banana Soft Bake Bars
- 2 ripe Fyffes Bananas
- Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Smooth Cashew Butter
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt/pink salt
- 1 1/2 cup jumbo oats
- 1/2 cup almonds- chopped
- Tsp cinnamon
- Handful Chopped Dark Chocolate
- Extra dark chocolate for decoration- optional
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the cashew butter and maple syrup until well combined.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients, apart from the chocolate, and pour these into the wet mixture and fold everything together so that you’re left with a sticky, oaty batter. Carefully stir through the chocolate chunks.
- Pour this into your lined tray and smooth over the surface.
- Bake these in the oven for around 15 minutes or until golden, then removed from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the bars have cooled, slice into portions and drizzle with a little melted dark chocolate if you desire!