Okay.. so the pumpkin themed recipes are all go at the moment and I’m actually somewhat disappointed in myself for the lack of them so far this year! By this time a year ago, I was fully equipped with about 10 different kinds of pumpkin scattered around my living room and the blog was saturated with a whole host of pumpkin themed delights! I guess I’ll just have to make up for it with some serious Christmas spamming once bonfire night is out of the way!
Anyway.. lets just get straight into talking about these cookies shall we. I think I’ve been on a it of a cookie baking roll recently if I do say so myself. Pretty much all of the cookies that I’ve made have been SO addictive that I;ve ended up scoffing the whole tray throughout the evening. In case you didn’t know, cookies are definitely my weakness and I am the ultimate Cookie Monster. These are soft, chewy, sweet and super festive with all of the incredible spices! I’ve also added in some incredible 100% dark chocolate from MIA, which adds little bursts of richness to each bite! You can of course use lower percentage of chocolate if you would prefer something slightly milder- they have so many incredible flavours to choose from.
These cookies couldn’t really be much simpler to throw together and I’ve made sure that there’s minimal equipment required, so you’ll only need a mixing owl and spoon- no food processor or anything else fancy like that! The ingredients list is also pretty simple as well, so these are a great no-fuss baking recipe for a lazy weekend! They’re also completely plant based, gluten and refined sugar free! I love this time year because it’s totally acceptable to add pumpkin into just about anything. It’s a great ingredient to sub into baking in place of additional oil and you’re sneaking in a bit of veg there as well! You can also swap this for butternut squash or perhaps even sweet potato if you don’t have pumpkin.
Choc Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- Tsp mixed spice
- Pinch salt
- 2 heaped tbsp pumpkin puree
- Handful chopped MIA chocolate- I used 100% cocoa
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line or lightly grease a baking tray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, cashew butter, agave and pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Add in the flour, oats, salt and mixed spice and give everything another mix, so that all of the ingredients are well combined and form a sticky dough.
- Carefully fold through the dark chocolate.
- Divide the mixture and mould into 7 cookies, then place these onto your baking tray.
- Pop these into the oven to bake for around 13 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.