After a LOT of trial and error with these cookies, I think that I’ve finally nailed the perfect recipe! Some things work out great first or second time around, however, some require endless baking disasters before finally prevailing and emerging from the kitchen with a plate of delicious treats!
I knew exactly what I wanted and the kind of texture that I was going for.. which was nice and crispy on the outside, with a slightly soft, chewy texture inside. However.. what I was continuously left with was rather dry, more crumby cookies. They tasted amazing, but the texture just wasn’t what I’d envisaged.
I don’t remember exactly how many times I’ve made these now, but I can’t tell you how happy I am with the result! They taste and smell super festive from the cinnamon, orange and cranberry powder. For me, these flavours are just the epitome of Christmas time and festive baking leaves the house smelling simply incredible!
They’re so quick and easy to make and would be the perfect for Christmas Eve film snacks or cute festive baking to do with family and friends. They would also make really sweet little home-made gifts too!
Chewy Festive Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3/4 cup dates
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Tbsp Arctic Berries cranberry powder
- Zest from half an orange
- Handful vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line a tray with baking paper.
- Start off by adding the cashews into a food processor and blitz to form a fine flour.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) and blend until well combined.
- Stir through the chocolate chips, then form the mixture into cookies.
- Place these onto the baking sheet and pop into the oven for around 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire wrack.