After getting my hands on a new bundt tin the other day, I couldn’t not test out a new recipe! This vegan mocha bundt cake is moist, fluffy and includes an in-credible chocolate espresso glaze!
Bundt cakes are ideal for special occasions, as for the most part, they’re pretty sizeable cakes and also look rather impressive as a dinner party centre piece. They also don’t require a great deal of garnishing or intricate cake decorating; they’re beautiful just as they are! This is probably my favourite way to style them: a simple chocolate glaze and mixed fresh berry filling. It’s super quick, yet still looks really striking!
What will you need to make vegan mocha bundt cake?
- Oat flour: This recipe calls for two different types of flour. I love this combination and including the oat flour, as I find it helps to illuminate any powdery texture from the GF flour and keeps the cake nice and fluffy!
- GF self raising flour: As this recipe is gluten free, I’ve used a GF self raising blend. This helps give the cake a decent rise and has been a game changer in my GF & vegan recipes!
- Good quality cocoa/cacao powder: When baking anything chocolatey, It’s important to try and get your hands on a good quality cocoa powder. This will help provide a really rich, indulgent flavour.
- Olive oil: As this recipe is plant based, there’s no dairy used and I’ve swapped out vegan butter for a light olive oil here. I like to use a light and mild variety, as I feel the flavour is less potent. I always recommend using olive oil in cakes, as it makes them extra fluffy!
- Espresso: Seeing as this is a mocha cake, a nice strong shot of espresso will also be key! You can opt for decaf here if preferred. (might be handy if you’re planning on enjoying this in the evening!)
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s completely plant based!
- This recipe is also gluten free!
- Super chocolatey and indulgent.
- Easy to make!
- Perfect for sharing or serving to guests.
- They look stunning, as well as being quick and simple to decorate.
- It’s delicious! Who doesn’t enjoy a heavenly chocolate and coffee combo?!
Vegan Mocha Bundt Cake
- 2 cups GF self raising flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar (could swap for coconut palm sugar)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup fresh espresso
- 1/2 cup mocha almond milk (could swap for regular non dairy milk)
- Tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup vegan single cream
- 1/4 cup freshly brewed espresso
- Preheat your oven to 180c and lightly grease your bundt tin.
- In a jug, combine your milks and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Mix togther all of your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, espresso and then your milk and cider vinegar mixture. Fold together to form a smooth batter, then transfer this into your cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for around 50 minutes, until cooked through. Allow your bundt to cool in the tin for around 20 minutes. Then, carefully place a plate or cooling wrack over the top and delicately flip to release the cake.
- Whilst your cake is cooling, melt the chocolate, then stir through the vegan cream and freshly brewed espresso.
- Pour this over your cake and garnish with fresh fruit.