I’ve been itching to get testing different pecan pie recipes for thanksgiving since the first day of Autumn! Pecans have to be one of my favourite nuts- I just love the slight hue of caramel flavour and they’re even more delicious when paired with the sweet notes of cinnamon. This double chocolate pecan tart will be your new favourite thanksgiving dessert! It’s incredibly simple to make, tastes utterly indulgent and doesn’t even require the slightest bit of cooking!
Yep, this is a completely no-bake recipe and is also gluten free, refined sugar free AND vegan! A rich, chocolatey crust encases a delicious, velvety smooth spiced chocolate filling, garnished with a layer of cinnamon sugared pecans. Admittedly, it’s not exactly your conventional pecan pie, but trust me, people are going to love this!
What you will need to make this double chocolate pecan tart
Here’s what you’ll need to add to your shopping list:
- Oats- the base of the tart is made from oat flour, which keeps the recipe gluten free. You can simply blitz up some oats to form a fine flour.
- Cacao powder- I like to use raw cacao powder or a high quality cocoa for that extra rich flavour!
- Natural sweetener– my favourite for this time of year is maple syrup! It pairs beautifully with pecans!
- Nut butter– I would recommend either cashew or almond for the dreamy chocolate filling.
- Coconut oil– I used coconut oil to help set the chocolate filling and bind the crust ingredients together as a dairy free alternative.
- Pecans- You’ll need a generous amount of these for the topping!
Can I freeze double chocolate pecan tart?
If you’re making this recipe a little while in advance, then I would recommend storing in the freezer and allowing to thaw before serving. I tend to keep most of my no-bake desserts in the freezer to maintain freshness,
Why you need to make this…
- Its gluten free!
- Super chocolatey and indulgent!
- Completely plant based and sweetened with maple syrup.
- Is perfect for a twist on a classic thanksgiving dessert
- Doesn’t require any cooking and can be kept in the freezer, therefore can be prepped ahead of time!
Double Chocolate Pecan Tart
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp almond or cashew butter
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil- melted
- non dairy milk- as needed
- 250 g pecans
- Tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine the ingredients for the crust and blitz until well combined and sticky. Press the mixture into a lightly greased loose bottom tart tin (I use a 20cm tin).
- For the filling, mix together the nut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and cacao powder. Gradually drizzle in a little non-dairy milk at a time whislt mixing until you've achieved a whipped, creamy consistency. Stir through the melted coconut oil and spread the filling over the base.
- Layer the pecans on top of the tart to desorate and sprikle with cinnamon and coconut sugar. Pop this into the fridge for 4 hours or over night to set.