If you’re planning on making some protein pancakes anytime soon, then I’ve got you covered with this recipe! These couldn’t be more simple to make and actually mean that a healthy breakfast can indeed consist of a stack of chocolatey pancakes! Although, these might not be the most practical suggestion for rushed mornings when you need something to grab and go, but since most of us are currently working from home, it can be pancakes everyday!
I’ve kept these fairly low in sugar, gluten free and high protein, which is a perfect way for me to kickstart my morning. I find that what I eat for breakfast, really impacts my food choices for the rest of the day so I always try and kickstart with something healthy and relatively low in sugar.
I’ve used a chocolate whey protein in this recipe, but you could always switch this up for a different flavour and omit the cacao powder if you wanted to experiment with flavours.
Double Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 20 g dark chocolate for topping (10g per person)
- coconut oil or oil spray for cooking
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, or crepe pan and bring to a medium heat. Pour in a little of the mixture and cook unitl bubbles start to appear on the surface, then flip and cook on the other side. Repeat this for the remaining mixture.
- Stack your pancakes, then melt the chocolate and drizzle this over the pancakes and add toppings of choice.