These super fudgey protein brownies are perhaps the most delicious protein bake I’ve made yet. I’ve always found that baking with protein powders can be somewhat of a risky business and I’ve definitely experienced my fair share of failed attempts! However, these brownies hit the spot perfectly! These are little bites of gooey, rich, chocolatey heaven! They certainly don’t taste grainy, too artificially sweetened or horribly dry and dense; all nightmare baking fiascos that I’m sure we can all relate to when baking with protein powders.
I’ve been away recently, firstly on a work trip and then for a little holiday to Greece over the past week, so I feel like I haven’t shared a new recipe with you in ages. After not travelling a great deal growing up, I’m really enjoying exploring and experiencing new countries. However, I am a bit of a home bird and I do love being at home and being able to get everything organised and back into routine.
Anyway, what better way to kick things back off again than with some brownies! So, here’s what you’ll need to make them!
What you’ll need for the brownies:
- Protein powder: I’ve used chocolate whey protein for this recipe. I haven’t yet tested it with plant based protein, so I’m not sure how the texture will vary.
- Good quality cocoa/cacao powder: this recipe calls for a generous helping of good quality cocoa to provide that super rich, chocolatey flavour. You can of course adjust this to taste.
- Oat flour: I almost always grind my own oat flour for my gluten free bakes. It’s affordable, creates a beautiful moist, light texture and has a really mild flavour.
- Dark Chocolate: a gooey chocolate brownie wouldn’t be complete without a scattering of ultra melty chocolate chunks throughout.
Why you need to make these super fudgey protein brownies today?
- They’re bite-sized and super rich in flavour- so perfect for a little daily dose of indulgence & something to take on the go!
- Perfectly moist and gooey
- They’re gluten free, and still really light and moist.
- Easy to make using only a mixing bowl and wooden spoon
- Added boost of protein from the protein powder
Super Fudgey Protein Brownies
- 1 ripe banana
- 50 g coconut oil
- 25 g peanut butter
- 35 g cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 25 g chocolate whey protein
- 100 g unrefined cane sugar/coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 90 g low fat greek yoghurt
- 30 g pecans
- 30 g dark chocolate- chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a brownie tray with grease proof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Then beat in the peanut butter and mashed banana.
- Whisk in the egg and the greek yoghurt to that everything is fully combined.
- Add all of dry ingredients to a seperate mixing bowl, then fold through the wet mixture to form a smooth, chocolatey batter.
- Trasnfer this into your brownie tray and smooth over. Press the chocolate chunks and pecans evenly throughout the mixture and pop these into the oven for around 17 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing into portions.