I’d forgotten just how much I love making raw vegan desserts until recently. I’ve been going through somewhat of a baking obsession lately and have been rustling up endless batches of cupcakes, muffins and a few too many banana breads! It had been quite some time since I’d dabbled in raw chocolate or caramel making.. and it’s great to be back!
I thought I’d kick things off with a bang, and what better way to do this than with some raw snickers bars! Ironically, snickers bars were never a particular favourite of mine, however these are undoubtedly one of the most delicious chocolatey treats you’re going to try!
This is definitely a recipe for the peanut butter lovers out there, as these contain a very generous helping of the good stuff! Theres a soft, peanut & vanilla protein ‘nougat’ style layer, topped with a velvety smooth peanut butter caramel that comes oozing out as you bite into the bar! They’re sweet, crunchy, biscuity, slightly salted and then wrapped in a deliciously rich raw chocolate layer to top it all off!
Not to mention, these are also completely plant based, gluten and refined sugar free. Admittedly, making no-bake treats like these typically takes a little bit longer than a lot of my simple cupcake recipes.. but they’re truly worth that extra effort I can promise you that! PLUS, you can keep a batch stored in the freezer for whenever that sweet tooth hits!
Raw Vegan Snickers Protein Bites
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 tbsp vanilla vegan protein Vivo Life Vanilla
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter Pic's
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 Pinch sea salt
- non-dairy milk As needed
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter Pic's
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- Non-dairy milk As needed
- 1 Handful Peanuts
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- In a bowl, mix together the oat flour, desiccated coconut, coconut oil and agave until well combined. I find using my hands helps here. Press this into a lined dish/container and firmly pack the mixture dorwn to create a smooth base.
- For the protein nougat, start by mixing together the peanut butter, agave, salt and protein powder until well combined. Add a splash of milk and continue to mix and repeat this until you're left with a thick, cookie dough like consistency.
- Spread the nougart over the base and pop these into the freezer.
- To make the caramel, stir the peanut butter and agave together, then pour in a little of the milk whilst mixing to create a smooth caramel. Pour this over the top of the nougat, sprinkle over the peanuts. Place these back into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Melt the coconut oil and agave together, then whisk in the cacao powder until smooth and fully combined. Carefully slice the snickers into bars, then coat in the melted chocolate. Allow these to set in the freezer for 2 hours.