These chocolate coated peanut butter truffle bites are an absolute must have for a spot of indulgent weekend snacking! They literally couldn’t be more simple to throw together and taste just like an actual truffle! Of course, I’m obsessed with anything nut butter related.. and when you add dark chocolate into the mix it’s an absolute dream combination.
This is the perfect recipe if you’re after something super simple and don’t have a fully stocked baking cupboard to work with. All you need is 4 simple ingredients and you’re all ready to go!
So, as long as you have the following..
Peanut Butter- you could also experiment with different nut butters like cashew or almond!
Honey- this could be swapped for agave, brown rice or maple syrup to make these vegan
OH AND, I forgot to mention that these are also completely dairy, gluten and refined sugar free. So hopefully something that most can enjoy!
These are also a great hing to make if you’re looking for some homemade gift ideas or just something to give as a nice treat for a loved one. They look really cute if you can get hold of some mini cases and you can also get a little creative with the decorations. I actually think I might experiment with some different truffle flavours as well next week! Perhaps a berry or coconut one?
Speaking of recipe testing, I’ve been feeling really inspired over the past couple of weeks, which has now resulted in a serious backlog of recipes that are waited to be uploaded. But, it also means that I’ve been loving spending lots of time working away in the kitchen (creating chaos) and playing around with different foods, flavours and photography styles. On that note, if there’s any flavours (or other recipes in general) that you’d like to see on here, I’d love to hear your suggestions!
Peanut Butter Truffle Bites
- 3 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 heaped tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 60 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter and honey until well combined, then pop this into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Take a genrous spoonful of the mixture and roll this into a ball, then place onto a plate lined wth baking paper. Repeat this for all of the mixture and place these into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave/over a bain marie until liquid. Coat each of the balls in the melted chocolate and return to the freezer for a further 20 minutes until the chocolate has set.
- I love to garnish these with an extra drizzle of melted chocolate and some rose petals for decoration!