The lates addition to my pumpkin spiced recipes is this absolute showstopper. NO BAKE, VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE which, might I add, also has added protein and is both gluten AND refined sugar free! Oh, and I’m sure you’ve noticed that delectable looking caramelised pecan topping sitting there. Trust me, this is an absolute MUST when making your next pumpkin pie! It just adds that little bit of extra something and is the perfect accompaniment for the creamy pie filling!
As I mentioned, this is also a protein pumpkin cheesecake as both the base and filling include some of my current favourite The Protein Works Vegan Wondershake. This is my go to at the moment for baking and sweet treats because not only does it taste delicious, but also blends so perfectly into recipes and definitely doesn’t leave you with that classic grainy texture! Adding protein into your sweet treats also helps to provide a little extra sweetness so helps to reduce the amount of sweetener needed.
Ok, so what why else should you make this No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie?
- It’s currently Autumn, nearing Halloween- so what other dessert could be more appropriate?!
- It’s completely plant based!
- Gluten free
- Includes added vegan protein
- Doesn’t require any cooking! Well, apart from quickly toasting the pecans!
- Refined sugar free
- Pumpkin everything is GREAT.
- Perfect for staying in celebrating Halloween at home this year
What will you need to make No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie?
- Pumpkin: seems obvious, but yes you will need cooked pumpkin/pumpkin puree. If you don’t have this you can also use cooked sweet potato.
- Cashews: technically this is a cheesecake and not a traditional pie, so the recipe calls for cashew nuts to create that ultra creamy texture!
- Vegan Vanilla Protein: I’ve used this one from The Protein Works and opted for vanilla because it’s quite a neutral flavour.
- Pecans: These are a little extra, but I would argue totally necessary! The caramelised pecan topping takes this dessert to a whole other level! I would recommend making a large batch of these for various other toppings or snacking needs!
- Vegan Protein Bar: As well as the added protein, I love to add some of TPW vegan protein bars into the pie filling, as these add great texture & are super tasty!
No Bake Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- 2 cups oat flour (blended oats)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop TPW vegan vanilla protein
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin or sweet potato
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 scoops TPW vegan vanilla protein
- 1 TPW Ridiculous Vegan Protein Bar
- 1 cup canned coconut milk can use the light variety if you choose
- 1 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- To make the cheesecake base, combine the oat, flour, protein, agave and water and mix well. Use your hands to help bring together. (add more water or coconut oil if needed) Press this into the base of a lined 20cm loose bottom cake tin, making sure to bring this up around the sides.
- Pop the base into the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blitz together all of the ingredients (apart from the protein bar) for the pumpkin layer until smooth and creamy.
- Pour this onto your base. Chop the protein bar into small chunks and stir these into the filling. Leave your cheesecake to set up in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- For the delicious pecan topping, roughly chop your nuts and gently toast these in a pan with the agave and spices and toast until caremelised. Add these on top of your cheesecake and serve!