These chocolate peanut butter doughnuts are seriously the fluffiest, easiest doughnuts ever! They’re honestly so quick and simple to make and also completely gluten and dairy free! They do have a slightly more cupcake-esque texture in comparison to your classic doughnut, but I love how light this makes them. It’s also slightly dangerous, because you could probably eat 3 in one sitting!
These are a perfect little treat if you fancy something sweet in the afternoon and are looking for something a little lighter than a fully loaded, custard filled, iced doughnut. I love to make a batch of treats at the start of the week, so that we’ll always have some sort of snack/dessert at the ready for any occasion! However, to be honest a lack of the sweet stuff is never really a concern in my house, given that I’m experimenting with new recipes pretty much every day!
What’s in Chocolate Peanut Butter Doughnuts?
- Oat flour– this is currently always my GF flour of choice because it’s easy to make for yourself at home by blitzing up some oats in a blender. I also find the texture isn’t too dense and it doesn’t have an overpowering flavour.
- Coconut oil- This is what keeps the recipe dairy free and is one of my favourite butter substitutes in baking. I find that the subtly sweet coconut flavour compliments this recipe perfectly!
- Peanut butter- You probably could have guessed this one! The peanut butter is in both the frosting and the doughnuts themselves! I find adding nut butter to my bakes helps to maintain a moist texture and also makes for a DREAMY frosting!
What equipment will you need?
These don’t require a lot of equipment or complex recipe instructions, however you will need some sort of doughnut mould. I have these silicone ones and they’ve faired me very well for about 3 years now. They’re super easy to clean and the silicone makes safely removing the doughnuts from the mould an absolute breeze (as long as you remember to grease it!)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Doughnuts
- Doughnut Mould
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unrefined caster sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarb
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp agave/honey
- 40 g dark chocolate
- tsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar and coconut oil unitl light and fluffy, then mix in the peanut butter.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and carefully fold through your dry ingredients.
- Lightly grease your dougnut mould/s with a little coconut oil, then fill them 3/4 the way with your batter. Pop these into the oven to bake for around 15 minutes until risen and beautifully golden.
- Allow these to cool, then carefully remove from the mould and transfer to a wire wrack.
- Meanwhile, mix the peanut butter and honey together. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil, then stir this through your peanut butter mixture. Carefully dip each of your doughnuts into the chocolate glaze allowing any excess to drip off.