Is there anything much better than a freshly baked batch of chocolate chip cookies?! These 4 ingredient oatmeal cookies are possibly the easiest cookie recipe that I’ve made to date, so there’s no excuse not to give these a go! With 4 simple ingredients, no refined sugar, dairy or gluten- they’re something suitable for everyone!
Cookies are perhaps my favourite sweet treat. They’re the perfect sweet snack for pretty much any time of day, as well as being something that you can throw together in less than 20 minutes. I’ve given my favourite, classic chocolate chip cookie a little healthy twist with this minimal ingredient, oatmeal version. The ingredients are things with can almost always be found in my pantry supplies and are also pretty purse friendly.
So… what will you need to make these 4 ingredient oatmeal cookies?
- Rolled oats: these cookies call for rolled oats in place of flour. Oats are a great source of slow releasing carbohydrates and fibre… so technically I think you could even eat these for breakfast!
- Peanut butter: peanut butter places the butter or oil for the fat content in this recipe. Not only does it provide a delicious peanut flavour, but also helps bind everything together.
- Honey: I’ve used honey as my natural sweetener of choice. I love the flavour and is something that I always have on hand in my kitchen cupboard.
- Egg: You’ll only need one egg for this recipe, which simply helps to bind the mixture and hold the cookies together.
Cookies are always better with chocolate.
Not listed in the ingredients above, but something that I would highly, highly recommend not leaving out when making these 4 ingredient oatmeal cookies is: CHOCOLATE. If there’s one thing that makes delicious, warm, slightly gooey cookies better, it’s chunks of oozing, melted chocolate!
I like to use a chocolate bar rather than chips when baking to achieve that gorgeous melted consistency. Chocolate chips contain stabilisers, which help them to hold their shape when heated. Whilst this is useful if you’re making things like chocolate chip muffins or simply want them to be visible as chips. For cookies, I almost always prefer to have those glorious, generously sized chocolate chunks appear after taking each bite!
If it’s cookies and chocolate that you’re into, there’s lots more of those here!
4 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
- 5 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 5 tbsp honey or other liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 40 g chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the honey and peanut butter.
- Beat in the egg until well combined, then fold through the rolled oats.
- Once your mixture has come together to form a cookie dough like consistency, stir in your chocolate chips.
- Scoop out portions of your mixture using a cookie scoop and place these onto your baking tray. Gently press down on each of the cookies to flatten and add a few extra chocolate chunks if desired.
- Pop these into the oven to bake for around 12 minutes, until golden. Allow to cool compltetely before serving.